Thursday, 13 March 2014

Cheltenham Day 4



Ballynagour was a decent priced winner for the blog yesterday and he covered any losses incurred.

I'm still doing quite well in the Tote Ten To Follow March Monthly Prize in that I am in 9th and 14th place and you can see the Sprinterstogo lists if you look online at the competition website or my position in the table in tomorrows Racing Post. Unfortunately I don't think I will be able to win, but if I can hold onto a top 10 placing that would be good- however I have Katenko in one of my lists so if he were to win the Gold Cup I could be in the mix.

Onto tomorrow's selections - I must admit I haven't really had anything in mind for the Friday - At one point I used to follow the Point to Point form quite strongly and looked forward to the Amateur Gold Cup after the big one, but not anymore.
The going appears to be riding quite fast and in the first I'm inclined to go for the horse with flat speed with the likes of Broughton 15/2 and Pearl Castle 11/1 coming to mind as this race is often run at a frantic pace.
In the County Hurdle Paul Nicholls, who hasn't had a very good meeting so far, runs Lac Fontana and he could change things for him. Nicholls handicap hurdlers have been doing well throughout the season and the selection may be able to keep that run going provided he can act on this faster going. WIN 11/1
In contrast David Pipe is having a bumper week and Kings Palace 7/2 has been on many a pundits lips for the last few weeks and hopefully he can perform better than Red Sherlock and win the Albert Bartlett. Urban Hymn could be a viable ew alternative 20/1 with Paddy Power and Bet Victor.
To me the Gold Cup field looks pretty weak and I can see why Henderson has Triolo D'Alene in there because he probably wouldn't be that far off the best of this bunch and Bobs Worth at 2/1 is going to be difficult to beat.
Ned Buntline is at the right end of the handicap in the Grand Annual. 2nd 6/1

Good Luck

 

No comments:

Post a Comment