Monday, 10 March 2014

Cheltenham Day 1



Well it's the start of Cheltenham tomorrow and I may as well have my say - here's what I put me money on so far :

1.30 : Vaniteux (3rd) and Gilgamboa (bad mistake when with leaders) with Paddy Power offer
2.40 : Tour Des Champs ew 5th
3.20 : The New One 3rd
5.15 : Pendra ew 3rd

Win Treble on :
2.05 : Trifolium 3rd
3.20 : The New One 3rd
4.40 : Shotgun Paddy 2nd

I also like the form of Solix as a bit of an ew outsider (50/1) for Ian Williams in the 2.40 - He ran really well at Doncaster when he tired to finish 4th on the soft going with Night In Milan behind. He then didn't act going right handed at Sandown 4 days ago and he should appreciate the return to a left handed track and the better going. He was 5th in the Coral Cup in 2011 when with Henderson off 152 and now runs off 129 - the only thing that worries me is the closeness of his last run.(0)

Good Luck
 

2 comments:

  1. Runners following up Sandown with a trip to the Festival is pretty poor - but Holmwood Legend followed up a win at Sandown with a win at Cheltenham in 2011 at 25/1.
    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An average day for me, plenty of places but no winners - unfortunately. Oh well there's always tomorrow !!

    ReplyDelete